For more information on how this village pub was rescued and restored visit the "The Project"
The Seighford Pub Company
Community Pub Project
THE HOLLYBUSH INN
17TH CENTURY INDEPENDENT TRADITIONAL INN
Main Road, Seighford, Staffordshire ST18 9PQ
Tel. 01785 281644
Welcome to the Hollybush Inn. It’s great to see you all and to have the pub open! It is, however, a constantly changing world at the moment, and following the latest Government pronouncements of 22nd September we have had to make more changes.
Coronavirus is on its way back with a vengeance, and make no mistake, it’s a cruel, deadly, indiscriminate disease that forces us all apart for our safety and the safety of others: but if these latest measures do not work, we will, without doubt, have to endure a second, disastrous lockdown.
- Social distancing, then, is critical at all times. So please, unless you are from the same household, maintain a distance of at least 1 metre from others.
- All customers must wear a face covering on entering the pub, only to be removed for the purposes of eating and drinking.
- The rule of 6 applies inside and outside of the pub. This means a maximum of 6 people at any one gathering. It does not mean that 12 people, for example, can meet up and sit on two separate and distanced tables.
- Be advised also, that animals are no longer allowed inside the pub, and only allowed outside if on a short lead.
As far as the layout of the pub is concerned, all tables and benches inside and outside of the pub are all spaced apart by at least 1 metre, and the pathways to all of them are about 1.5 to 2 metres wide. So if someone is already on that path and approaching you, you should wait until the way is clear. And please do not be offended if a member of staff approaches and reminds you to keep a safe distance. Common sense is not only a useful tool at times like these, but also a great form of self-defence.
This now means no standing, drinking, or ordering at the bar; and by law, we are now only able to offer table service for both food and drink, which will certainly slow things down. This also means that booking is now essential, as even drinkers will require tables. And we’ve got far less tables now because of social distancing!
Coronavirus has also had the impact of vastly reducing business for all pubs and restaurants, no matter how Covid secure they are. The Hollybush is no exception. Consequently, opening times will be more variable: 10pm will be the very latest time that we can open on any one day, but in order not to haemorrhage cash at a time when revenues are much lower, we will be closed earlier if necessary, and all day on Monday and Tuesday.
Hygiene, of course, continues to be crucial: and you will be pleased to note that there have been no instances of Coronavirus in this pub before, during and so far, after lockdown. And to make sure that continues:
- you will find sanitising stations at both entrances to the pub
- all staff will wear gloves and face masks at all times
- food hygiene has always had the highest official rating here, and will continue to be maintained to the highest standards.
- empty glasses will be collected by staff, and washed in a glasswasher that cleans and sterilises them.
- there will be no cutlery, crockery, or condiments on any of the tables. These will be brought out with your food order, and the condiments will be, for the most part, in single serve sachets. Please note that cutlery and crockery are also washed in a machine that cleans and sterilises.
- the toilets will be inspected regularly, and operate on a one in, one out system
- in line with the Government’s contact tracing legislation, you will be asked to provide us with a name, and contact telephone number for your party.
- perhaps most importantly, we will not allow the pub to become crowded or oversubscribed. We will be keeping an eye on numbers at all times, and will, if necessary, turn people away. To this end, all customers who wish to eat at The Hollybush must book in advance.
Finally, please remember that everything we have put in place is to keep you and the staff here safe from the virus: to this end, be assured that we will ask those who knowingly put others at risk to leave the premises.
Copyright © Seighford Pub Company Ltd. All rights reserved.